[AISPC] CfP

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 10:51:48 SAST 2013

George,
Also this has to change:

#This is a call to present at the Africa Internet Summit (AIS) 2013.
The call for presentations is specifically for AFRINIC #18, 15-21 June
2013

We agreed to issue an AIS CfP, this for me means Af* so this last
sentence should be removed.

Also the CfP should include the AFNOG CfP. --- my suggestion is to
list the areas in to two categories:

1. Core Technical: Include the AfNOG CfP stuff for which a call is required
  * IPv6
  * Peering and interconnection
  * DNS
  * RPKI

2. Non-Technical: All the 12 or so items you have there.
   * Internet Governance
   * E-governance
   * Access and development
   * etc

PS: I am not sure Non-Technical is the best word to use here thought,
we might want to come up with something better

Regards,

On 21 February 2013 21:48, George Nyabuga <george at afrinic.net> wrote:
> Thanks Nancy,
>
> Done.
>

> George
>

> Dr George Nyabuga                                                 Tel:
> +230 403 51 00
> Head, Communications and PR, AFRINIC           Fax:  +230 466 67 58
> george at afrinic.net - www.afrinic.net

> Please join us at the Africa Internet Summit, Lusaka, Zambia, 9 – 21 June
> 2013
>
> On Feb 21, 2013, at 10:45 PM, "Nancy Dotse" <nancy at ghana.com> wrote:
>
> Hi George,
>
> Please replace AFRINIC 18 in the sentence below to AIS which is the umbrella
> body for the Event.
>
> “AFRINIC-18 will include trainings, workshops, tutorials, keynote speeches,
> panel discussions, individual presentations, roundtable discussions and
> plenaries.”
>
> Thanks
> Nancy

Douglas Onyango | +256-772-712 139 | Twitter: @ondouglas
Life is the educator's practical joke in which you spend the first
half learning, and the second half learning that everything you
learned in the first was a joke.