[AISPC] Programme

Geert Jan de Groot geertj at nsrc.org
Thu Feb 21 09:31:13 SAST 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:37:43 +0000 Nii Narku Quaynor wrote:
> ...go immediately with cfp perhaps with some of these topic areas included
> eg from web, open data/big data, mobile apps, uses/social impact of web, web
>  index, new media, Internet governance etc

I have been collecting possible ideas (one moment you have them,
the next they are forgotten, so let's write them down!) for possible
topics and speakers whom we perhaps should explicitely invite,
based on technology developments, mailing list activity,
developments for networks on the continent, etc.

My shopping list is:
 *  TLD DNSSEC implementation experiences for .TZ
    See afnog list (feb 9 2013) for possible movers and speakers

 *  DNS-RRL
    See  http://www.redbarn.org/dns/ratelimits. Possible speaker TBD.

 *  IPV4 / IPv6 dark space
    Manish Karir < mkarir at merit.edu>

 *  Scaling internet exchange points
    Arnold Nipper / Nishal Goburdhan / Henk Steenman
    (I happen to know that these guys will probably attend and
    have made contact)

 *  SpamJam? antispam coalition
    Graham Beneke < graham at ispa.org.za> Bretton Vine < bretton at ispa.org.za>

This is at https://nsrc.org/workshops/2013/afnog/wiki/AfnogMeeting
Other breain dumps explicitely invited!

I realize that this in't much about the non-technical side of things,
but hopefully it's a start (and I'm an engineer, so shoot me about
non-technical topics!)

Hope this helps,

GJ

(but many ideas are from others - nishal, noah, ....)