[AISPC] Programme

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Sun Feb 17 20:02:46 SAST 2013

Hi all,

Sorry for the late response, I've been incredible busy (and had a few
personal issues) the past couple of months.

On  16-Feb-2013 10:41:28 (+0000), Geert Jan de Groot wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:28:42 +0200 Mark Tinka wrote:
>> The only places where I think we can converge all parties
>> are during the open plenaries, where there will typically be
>> keynotes that impact all interested parties.
>> After that, sessions can then breakout, even if there are
>> other plenary sessions going on, e.g., AFRINIC PDP work,
>> conference presentations of general interest, e.t.c.
> >From what Patrick told me, we have 2 locations:
> - The training facility which has classrooms but no big room, i.e.
>   cannot have a single plenary keynote
correct
> - Hotel (TBD) where the plenary is held. Certainly big enough for plenary,
>   keynotes, panel, etc but unsure if there are breakout facilities,
>   and if they were there there would be additional cost, and
>   do we have budget?
AFAIK we have funding for the plenary room. if we decide to take any
other on it'd be up to us.

I'd need to have ideas on numbers to comment on breakout rooms.

The Radison for example has another hall that's almost identical to the
main plenary one but smaller (about 40% of the size of the larger one).
Other rooms in the Radison are boardroom style rooms sitting at most 40
people.

The Intercontinental has three breakout rooms adjacent to the main hall
- but I didn't pay that much attention to them during the site survey.

--
patrick