[AISPC] Programme

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:19:12 SAST 2013

George,
On 11 February 2013 17:00, George Nyabuga <george at afrinic.net> wrote:
> I think we should
> try to do things a bit differently as we go forward. i think change is as
> good as a rest, just to use the saying. Moreover, we also want to bring on
> board, as I have said previously, other groups that are interested in
> Internet development as well as its impact upon the social and economic
> development in Africa.
My view on this is that the AIS is supposed to complement the efforts
of the Af* not to divert from it in anyway. The AIS I am in support of
creates an umbrella where various activities that the Af* has been
conducting can be in one place and add a few others layer 9 so that
people with non-core technical interests, but Internet related are
catered for.

I am definitely opposed to the notion of moving away from the ideals,
practices norms and culture that has defined the Af* for more than a
decade

Regards,
Douglas Onyango | +256-772-712 139 | Twitter: @ondouglas
Life is the educator's practical joke in which you spend the first
half learning, and the second half learning that everything you
learned in the first was a joke.