[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Understanding (IPv6 in) Africa

Musa Stephen HONLUE stephen.honlue at afrinic.net
Sat Mar 16 16:21:36 UTC 2019

Hi Nico

> On 12 Mar 2019, at 18:47, Nico Schottelius <nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch> wrote:
>
> So to come back to my original question, I am wondering how innovation
> in general and in particular with IPv6 is driven in Africa? Is Afrinic
> the main driver or is it more (small?) businesses moving forward?

I will say we have a mix, AFRINIC has some initiatives to help Companies deploy IPv6 and we have some Companies/ISPs that are doing well on their own.

Talking about AFRINIC, we are working in the four following ways:

1. IPv6 deployment Helpdesk. We get people to tell us what is their blocker in deploying IPv6, and then one of our Engineers get’s in touch with them to guide step by step from writing an IPv6 deployment plan down to getting all their devices talk to each other and the rest of the world via the IPv6. **Those interested with this can open a ticket at: English: http://bit.ly/6deployEN <http://bit.ly/6deployEN>   Français :  http://bit.ly/6deployFR <http://bit.ly/6deployFR> , and we will get back to them**

2. We organise DEPLOYATHONS, in countries. Where our IPv6 deployment crew lands in a country, gets engineers from various organizations in a room for 2-3 days, and work them through deploying IPv6 on their networks.

3. We offer technical trainings(webinars, e-learning, onsite) to empower Engineers, by sharpening their IPv6 skills.

4. We offer trainings to managers, in some cases, the Engineers are not the problem, but the decision makers, we also organise trainings to help the bosses understand why IPv6 s important for the future of Internet and how it can help them offer better services to their customers.

4. Government engagement program, we assist governments to create an IPv6 deployment plan for their countries and also help get the rubber hit the road.

Hi Willy

> On 15 Mar 2019, at 20:52, Willy MANGA <mangawilly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> my 2 XAF :)

Is this an IPv6 header?? :-)