[AfrIPv6-Discuss] corporate apathy

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 01:21:33 UTC 2016

Dear Saul,

> Hi Sylvain,
>
> Thanks, but this is my point. You are saying that we need to deploy v6 in
> order to not be left behind.

Yes, and again we are too late [1] :-)

> In this case, we have security people saying “if it aint broken I am not
> going to fix” – people want technical reasons not things that will happen
> in the future (yes – we, on this list, know that the future is now)

:-) Please fill free to add that #IPv6Excuses here [2].

This RFC [3] could be of interest for that security guys.

Hearly, Stéphane Bortzmeyer has said [4] something interesting about
security in both IPv4 and IPv6. Then, what I choose to keep in mind is that
security will be a real concern in IPv6 world when crackers and
cybercriminals will master the technology associated to IPv6. At that
stage, those who would have took time to learn by doing, will be more
prepared...to IPv6 attacks.

No one is really #IPv6Ready, right now, but when/if you need to take a bath
you must no longer turn around water...

Regards,
--sb.
__
[1]: IPv6 is 20 years old.
[2]: IPv6 Excuses : https://twitter.com/IPv6Excuses
<https://twitter.com/Ipv6Excuses> | http://ipv6excuses.com |
http://ipv6bingo.com
[3]: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7381.txt |
http://www.bortzmeyer.org/7381.html
[4]: http://www.bortzmeyer.org/files/security-ipv6-impression.pdf |
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAxFVDAvo88

> *[...]*

   Best Regards !

  Sylvain BAYA
 cmNOG's Co-Founder & Coordinator
   (+237) 677005341
 PO Box 13107 YAOUNDE / CAMEROON
baya.sylvain [AT cmNOG DOT cm]
 abscoco2001 [AT yahoo DOT fr]
 http://www.cmnog.cm
 https://cmnog.wordpress.com
  ‪#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬(‪#‎Romains15‬:33):"Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit
avec vous tous!‪#‎Amen‬!"
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau.
‪#‎Chrétiennement‬
             « Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, Ainsi mon
âme soupire après toi, ô DIEU! » (Psaumes 42 :2)