[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Fwd: IGF BPF IPv6 - IPv6 deployment in the African region

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Wed Sep 21 08:58:00 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic.ad.jp>
Date: 20 September 2016 at 13:33
Subject: IGF BPF IPv6 - IPv6 deployment in the African region
Cc: Izumi Okutani <izumi at nic.ad.jp>, Sumon Ahmed Sabir <sasabir at gmail.com>,
"wdegezelle at drmv.be" <wdegezelle at drmv.be>

I hope that all is going well.

I’m working on the IGF Best Practice Forum on IPv6.

This year’s focus are the economic and commercial incentives for companies
and large organisations to deploy IPv6 on their networks.
We’re collecting case studies and intend to formulate general observations
of what drives the decision to move to IPv6.

In addition, we want to discuss the challenges and hurdles in the regions
that lack successful IPv6 deployment cases.
We’re looking for input on this section from the AFRINIC region.

Would you be able to recommend people for the African region who could help
us with this? (people at Afrinic or other stakeholders, yourself included)

The BPF IPv6 works in an open and collaborative way. The IPv6 best practice
document will be discussed at the IGF meeting in December and published as
part of the official outcome of the 2016 IGF.
You can find more details at http://www.intgovforum.org/mul
tilingual/content/bpf-ipv6 .

FYI, we had discussions in regional IGF for the Asia Pacific region with
the summary compiled as attached. P. 6 View from Participants share some of
the challenges in the APAC region.

Thank you for your help!

Don’t hesitate to let me know if you need further information.

Best Regards,
Izumi

(cc’ed are Sumon A. Sabir, the MAG coordinators for the BPF IPv6, and Wim
Degezelle the IGF Consultant for this group)