[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Help Get Microsoft to Implement RFC 6106 for Windows

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:33:48 UTC 2016

On 21 June 2016 at 11:00, Daniel Shaw <daniel at afrinic.net> wrote:

> > On 20 Jun 2016, at 10:48 PM, Mukom Akong T. <mukom.tamon at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Do you know why these two has refused to implement them ?
> >

> > Mostly purist perspective that says "use RAs for everything”
>
> While it doesn’t excuse Microsoft or Android - I am of the personal
> opinion (mostly) that if someone wants to be a purist to that degree (by
> choice), they can live with the consequences ;)

If that purist is your OS vendor, other people have to deal with the
consequences (how many users user Android and Microsoft Windows?)

In any case, for some it might be ok to do both, for some it's not ok. But
I think we can all agree that it's better for everyone if all client OSs
can support all options.  Right now, we have allies within one of these
guys who need our help to ensure we can have those options ...

So if you are official Windows user, please get in touch with your rep and
ask for it. (whether you will actually use it is a totally different matter)

--

Mukom Akong T.

LinkedIn:Mukom <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mukom>  |  twitter:
@perfexcellent

“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran