[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Help Get Microsoft to Implement RFC 6106 for Windows

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:32:44 UTC 2016

As a data point, in our network we:

- do run both SLAAC and DHCPv6
- we send RDNSS info over SLAAC
- we do provide both IPv4 and IPv6 DNSes via DHCP (v4 and v6 respectively)

Now it’s less so as we’ve been upgrading machines, but we used to get a significant amount of AAAA queries over v4 coming mostly from Windows machines.

I don’t think running both SLAAC and DHCPv6 is a big deal. It’s weird, and it goes against one’s sense of ‘what should be right’, but in practice, it’s not really a problem.

cheers!

-Carlos