[AfrIPv6-Discuss] AfrIPv6-Discuss DHCP6

Brice ABBA brice at afrinic.net
Fri Apr 29 15:43:17 UTC 2016

Hi DICK,
> I have configured
> ISC-DHCP6 , it can issue IP v6 addresses but PC are not receiving the
> prefix to work the gateway. Please assist me with DHCP for IPv6.
DHCPv6 does not provide default gateway, so for out link reach-ability
you should determine how to provide default GW to you PCs... (Static or RA)

In this scenario

(PC)en1------f0/0(Router)f0/1-----en1(DHCPv6)

-1- Router: should be configured as relay agent and have RA with M flag
set on f0/0; this will allow (PC) to use (Rouer) as GW and request IPv6
address to DHCPv6
-2- PC: should be configured to accept RA and as DHCPv6 client
-3- DHCPv6 to provide IPv6 addresses

so (PC) will trust (Router) to reach all the network and Internet...