[AfrIPv6-Discuss] AfrIPv6-Discuss DHCP6

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 13:33:49 UTC 2016

On 29 April 2016 at 17:13, DICK, L. (MR.) <Dickl at mopipi.ub.bw> wrote:

> I have deployed IPv6 in the University Core Network. I have configured
> ISC-DHCP6 , it can issue IP v6 addresses but PC are not receiving the
> prefix to work the gateway. Please assist me with DHCP for IPv6. Thank you
> Regards

without further details, here are some basic checks

a) I'm guessing ur DHCPv6 server is not on same subnet with your PCs, did
you configure your first hop routers as DHCPv6 relays?
b) PCs should receive a full address (all 128 bits) and not a prefix

assumptions

- the server has appropriate scope configured AND is listening on
appropriate interfaces?

--

Mukom Akong T.

LinkedIn:Mukom <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mukom>  |  twitter:
@perfexcellent

“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran