[AfrIPv6-Discuss] [Fwd: [arin-announce] Seeking IPv6 Trainers and Consultants]

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Jan 26 07:53:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 11:05 +0400, Mukom Akong T. wrote:

> On 25 January 2016 at 21:33, Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:
>         Would AFRINIC please be willing to set up this same service in
>         our
>         region?
>

> As a community-driven page and website (e.g. that wiki Nishal has been
> talking about) - I'll say it's ok
> As something under AFRINIC.net domain (implicit AFRINIC endorsement)
> ---- I'm strongly against it.

Are you a contact on the IPv6 Facebook list? It was John Curran that
posted the article and the "site" is endorsed by ARIN. On the ARIN run
site, there are words that explicitly state that the names (of
consultants) are NOT endorsed by ARIN.

Locally, this would carry much more weight if AFRINIC was behind the
site and may mean the difference between success and failure.

> Anyone can claim to be a consultant and your credibility in that role
> has to be more than just your name on some list.

True, so they must be some sort of member (even an Associate Member),
have access to IPv6 (have the Consultant Signup only accessible via
IPv6?) and list an IPv6 website they can be traced to.

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496