[AfrIPv6-Discuss] How can I (an Engineer) convince my boss to allocate resources for an IPv6 Deployment project?

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 09:39:37 UTC 2016

In past conversations, there seems to be consensus

a) The managers/decision makers don't get it therefore
b) There's no budget for the deployment project

Consistent with my theory that IPv6 Deployment failure is mostly a business
(rather than a technical/engineering) problem, I think a key part of this
is how can a network engineer convince their boss?

The typical answers: "Because there is not sufficient IPv4" is not enough
(you've got Y2K working against you.)

Here's a suggested approach to take to convince you boss. For those who
have been successful, can you share your own experiences in convincing your
boss?

How to ‘Sell’ IPv6 to Executive Management – Guidance for Engineers
<http://techxcellence.net/2013/03/05/v6-business-case-for-engineers/>

--

Mukom Akong T.

LinkedIn:Mukom <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mukom>  |  twitter:
@perfexcellent

“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran