[AfrIPv6-Discuss] IPv6 adoption per country

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Jan 15 13:27:35 UTC 2016

On 15 Jan 2016 16:00, "Stephen Honlue" <stephen.honlue at afrinic.net> wrote:

>> What is this "something" Stephen? You may be preaching to the converted,
but without constantly reminding us what we need to do, we loose target of
the Grand prize.

1. NAT and his twin PAT

2. Legacy Telecom equipment run software which doesnt support  IPv6 and/or
its costly to upgrade

3. No business case after all 1. above is working so well and money has not
stopped flowing in.

4. Some just dont have the budget for revamp after all the old kit is still
kicking as long as no one touches it.

5. Those with the most recent code are just plain lazy that when they
deploy IPv4 , they don't remember to also do the same for IPv6.

6. The end users careless about the network and care more about the
services they consume. No pressure from them at all towards the ISP.
Afterall, WhatsApp, Facebook, Netflix is all working fine....

Noah