[AfrIPv6-Discuss] IPv6 adoption per country

Stephen Honlue stephen.honlue at afrinic.net
Fri Jan 15 12:54:20 UTC 2016

> On Jan 15, 2016, at 3:58 PM, Mwendwa Kivuva <Kivuva at transworldafrica.com> wrote:
>

> On Jan 15, 2016 11:57 AM, "Stephen Honlue" <stephen.honlue at afrinic.net <mailto:stephen.honlue at afrinic.net>> wrote:
> >
> > The link bellow gives the world adoption rates of IPv6, take a look and see how AFRICA is backward, let’s do something to develop the IPv6 Internet for Africa.

Something can be any proposal from anyone, I had to realise that something has to be done.

During AFRINIC 23, community agreed to revive this mailing list.

One way of reviving it could be thinking on how to push people into IPv6 adoption.

AFRINIC statistics is showing that only 3 countries in Africa don’t have any IPv6 allocation, but this are just allocations.
Members take resources from AFRINIC then keep those without using.

The question is, what is stoping people from deploying IPv6?