[afripv6-discuss] How much end-user should pay for IPv6 addresses ?

Daniel Shaw daniel at afrinic.net
Wed Jul 15 08:24:45 UTC 2015

Hi (again) Willy :-)

> On Jul 15, 2015, at 11:58 AM, Willy Ted MANGA <willy.manga at auf.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> while reading IPv6 Fee and Categories [1] I do not see how much and
> end-user should pay for IPv6 adresses.
> Does it mean right now , it's impossible for end-user to request them ?
> It means we can only use tunnels for the moment ... :-\

Quite the opposite. Take a look here:
http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/policies/132-afpub-2007-v6-001

This is a separate policy specifically for "IPv6 Provider Independent (PI) Assignment for End-Sites”.

As you’ll see in the above there are some requirements to getting IPv6 space, and I’d recommend that you get in touch with the AFRINIC Hostmasters confirm exactly how that works.

But certainly in many cases, if you meet the requirements in the above about being a member, being able to announce the resources, qualifying for PI IPv4, etc. then end-users are able to request IPv6.

Again, the specifics of the exact requirements are best confirmed with the Postmaster team (postmaster at afrinic.net).

- Daniel