[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 netmask on multi-access network segments

Philip Smith pfsinoz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 12:21:43 SAST 2014

Hi Warwick,

Was there anything wrong with /127 for ptp links as recommended in
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6164.txt - most recent deployments I've
seen use this (reserving the /64 for the subnet, but addressing it as a
/127).

Otherwise, as per Mark Tinka's answer. :-) I prefer /64 for general
segments, even though I may address them as something smaller. I've had
to renumber "upwards" too often over the years - live and learn.

philip