[afripv6-discuss] FW: [ISOC] NEWS RELEASE: Google.org Awards Grant to the Internet Society to Advance Internet Exchange Points in Emerging Markets

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Tue Feb 26 18:51:51 SAST 2013

Hi,

On 2/26/2013 6:57 PM, McTim wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Latif LADID ("The New Internet based on
> IPv6") <latif at ladid.lu <mailto:latif at ladid.lu>> wrote:
>     IXP with v6 would be an icing on the cake.
>
> and (more) root-server instances at those v6 IXen would be the cherry on
> top ;-)

McTim... Thanks!  ;-)

firstly: I agree!

...and where there's a "v6 enabled IX", the adjacent root-server should be
v6 enabled...
You know where I am and I think I know who your $employer is.....
Greetings to Leo from me ;-)
[i know there was a Cisco problem, but i trust that's history]

Frank

PS:
TIX-RS2#show bgp ipv6 unicast summary
Neighbor        V           AS MsgRcvd MsgSent   TblVer  InQ OutQ Up/Down
State/PfxRcd
2001:43F8::B    4        27319    7990   17827    31169    0    0 5d00h
       0

PPS:
"v6 enabled IX" is in quotes, because good IX's are L2 and one can do v4
and v6 just the same way.