[afripv6-discuss] Successful Conclusion of AfriNIC Training Workshop in Kampala - Uganda

Mukom Akong T. tamon at afrinic.net
Wed Nov 21 13:59:46 SAST 2012

Dear colleagues,

AfriNIC just concluded a four (4) day training workshop in Kampala - Uganda. The workshop which ran from the 13th - 16th November 2012 at the Uganda Management Institute was attended by thirty (30) network engineers, systems administrators and IT Managers drawn from the telecommunications and Internet service organisations as well as  government agencies and universities.

Some of the highlights of the workshop are as follows:

+ Planning for, requesting and managing IP number resources.

+ IPv6 concepts from addressing, address planning, routing and transition techniques

+ Hands-on lab exercises (host configuration, routing and transition techniques)

The full course outline is available at http://learn.afrinic.net/index.php/learn-modules

We wish to extend our appreciation to Uganda Ministry of ICT for hosting this workshop and making it a success.

Warm Regards.
@AFRINICtraining

USEFUL LINKS

(i) Google map of countries we've done training in.
    [2010] http://maps.google.mu/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207789908650331713164.0004a6d515637fa0af826
    [2011] http://maps.google.mu/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=207789908650331713164.0004a88ef702b5a7f2ef9

(ii) Course materials: http://learn.afrinic.net/index.php/resources

(iii) Book a free 6 router lab to practice on
     <http://www.6deploy.eu/index.php?page=testbed_reservation2>

Mukom Akong T.							|  tel: +230 403 5118
Member Training Manager                      		|  fax: +230 466 6758
AFRINIC Ltd  (www.afrinic.net)    			        |  sip:  mukom at voip.afrinic.net