[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 Global Survey

Babusha Radhakissoon babusha at afrinic.net
Thu Jul 5 15:19:24 SAST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

As in previous years, the Number Resource Organization invites you to
participate in the 3rd consecutive IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey
onthe current and future use of IPv6.
The IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey is now online, and we encourageall
members of our community to participate:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GlobalIPv6survey2012

The purpose of the survey is to better understand where the community
ismoving, and what can be done to ensure the Internet community is
readyand moving toward widespread adoption of IPv6. As it is mostly the
sameas the survey carried out globally in 2010 and 2011, comparison
ofprogress will be possible.
Last year's results are available on the NRO website at:

http://www.nro.net/documents/ipv6-survey-2011

You will note that 94% of last year’s over 1600 respondents
indicatedthat they were interested in participating again, in 2012.

We encourage all organisations to participate in this survey, which
wehope will establish a comprehensive view of present IPv6 penetration
andfuture plans for IPv6 deployment. The survey is composed of 23
questionsand can be completed in about 15 minutes. For those without
IPv6allocations or assignments, or who have not yet deployed IPv6,
thequestions will be fewer in number.

The survey will close on 13 July 2012 <x-apple-data-detectors://5>.

Results of the IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey will be presented
anddiscussed widely. Please provide your name and contact information
onthe survey form if you wish to receive the draft survey analysis
whenavailable. Please also indicate whether you are willing to
shareadditional data with the TNO and GNKS Consult IPv6 Deployment
Monitoringteam.
We appreciate your time and interest in completing this survey. If you
have any questions concerning the survey, please send an email
toinfo at gnksconsult.com <mailto:info at gnksconsult.com>.

Regards,
NRO Secretariat