[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 world launch measurements and graphs from participating networks

Hisham Ibrahim hisham at afrinic.net
Fri Jun 8 06:57:49 SAST 2012

Hi Noah,

It depends on which graphs you are looking at.

I think the Senegal data you are referring to is the RIPE NCC Map,
and the reason behind that is Senegal had an active measurement box
deployed from before the launch and these are the readings from it.

AfriNIC has deployed a box in our infrastructure and I am told it will up
and running this week. Also an other node in Kenya will be set up at the
exchange point. If anyone else on the list would like to deploy measurement
boxes on their networks in their countries please contact me and I will fill you i
n with all the technical specs and details.

However if you go through the other measurement links especially content
provider link, where most of the African networks/ content providers signed up
 (AfriNIC, IS, Posix and others ) you will find graphs and measurements from
 their sites.

Regards
Hisham