[afripv6-discuss] What are the benefits of IPv6 over IPv4

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Jun 4 09:21:51 SAST 2012

On Monday, June 04, 2012 07:38:06 AM Frank Habicht wrote:

> I don't yet feel like thinking about v6-only.
> Too much to be done for dual-stack adoption.

While an IPv6-only network is not attractive to most, we'd
do well to consider running something close to that in the
future.

Even though AfriNIC and LACNIC still have lots of IPv4
address space for their respective regions, the rest of the
world is running out, or has already (APNIC, for example, is
finished).

Having all this IPv4 doesn't help when the rest of the world
is under pressure to deploy and operate IPv6. We need to
find a way to inter-operate with those folks.

Mark.