[afripv6-discuss] What are the benefits of IPv6 over IPv4

maina.noah at ipv6.or.tz maina.noah at ipv6.or.tz
Sun Jun 3 01:13:24 SAST 2012

> @Noah, the customer is ignorant. He doesn't know what to pay for and
> what not to.

Now all customers, in fact majority would know esp those who request for
the number resources and services that come along with them...forget your
typical 3G customer.

> With the argument you guys are fronting, then it does not make sense
> to sell domains. Domains, IPs, and AS all fall under the same
> category. Especially domains which are virtually infinite. But some of
> us have mad a fortune selling them.

In my opinion the case for ccTLD's is different because a lot of
investment is required in order to register domains (dns servers hardware,
software, power, ac etc), as for IP addresses nothing is required, nothing
but the systems that require IP's to operate :-).... thus it make no sense
to sell IP addresses but it makes sense to sell dns services.

> I woun't be surprised to find out they
> sell Transport layer port numbers.

Lol, well anything is possible, we live is a business driven
world...business is just business