[afripv6-discuss] What are the benefits of IPv6 over IPv4

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri Jun 1 10:04:42 SAST 2012

At 22:38 31-05-2012, Mark Tinka wrote:
>And that's basically right - at its principle, IPv6 isn't at
>all different from IPv4 with the exception that IPv6 has
>larger address space than IPv4.

The person quoted in the article is saying the same as the
above.  Most people will read the simplistic version of the above
instead of the benefits of having a larger address space.

>security, or Mobile IPv6, or QoS, or this, or that - it is
>that we need to keep the Internet running. Plain and simple.

Let's say that you are going to spend EUR 100,000 on network
equipment.  You only need IPv4 for your network as that is what your
users require.  You get that equipment instead of spending more money
for network equipment which is IPv6 compliant.

It is plain and simple; you don't have to keep the Internet
running.  It's your money and your network.  You get to do what you want.

Regards,
-sm

P.S. Waiting for IPv6 Lunch Day