[afripv6-discuss] Fwd: [afgwg-discuss] 6 Steps for Jump-Starting IPv6 Adoption in Government

Iñigo Ortiz de Urbina inigo at infornografia.net
Thu May 24 18:00:02 SAST 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:
> On Thursday, May 24, 2012 01:18:10 PM Iñigo Ortiz de Urbina
> wrote:
>
>> Projects like PFSense [1] are maintained actively...
>
> My understanding is that pfSense will get proper v6
> capabilities in release 2.1, which you can get if you're
> willing to beta test.

This is correct, as documented on their website:
http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Is_there_IPv6_support_available

That is why I included the link to OpenBSD, which has solid IPv6
support and has recently been enhanced (NAT66!) as of release 5.1:
http://www.openbsd.org/51.html

For the best IPv6 support, running OpenBSD current is advised, as it
includes the latests patches to the source code. Keep in mind -current
does not mean -unstable under OpenBSD development process.

On another note, I think the FreeBSD implementation of rtadvd is the
best, as it has features not seen in other OSs:
http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2011-04-2011-06.html#IPv6-RA-Handling-Improvements

--
- Así que este es el futuro del hombre: calentarse a los rayos del
sol, bañarse en las claras corrientes de agua, y comer los frutos de

- Bueno, y por qué no?

"El tiempo en sus manos"