[afripv6-discuss] Successful Conclusion of AfriNIC Training Workshop in Abuja, Nigeria‏

Brice Abba briceabba at hotmail.com
Sun May 6 15:14:37 SAST 2012

Dear colleagues,

AfriNIC just concluded a two (2) days training workshop in Abuja -

Nigeria. The workshop ran from the 2nd – 3rd May at the NITDA (National
Information Technology Development Agency) Abuja Headquarters 28 Port-Harcourt
Crescent Off Gimbiya Street Area 11 Garki Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.

The workshop was attended by 110 network engineers, systems

administrators and IT Managers drawn from the Federal Government ministries,
departments and agencies.

Some of the highlights of the workshop are as follows:

+ Understanding IPv4 Exhaustion and Implications IPv6 – the Sustainable
Solution to Exhaustion.

+ IPv6 introduction and IPv6 address types.

+ IPv6 concepts from addressing, address planning, routing and

transition techniques

+ A half  day of Hands-on lab exercises (How
to access web server, file server over IPv6, Configure an verify basic IPv6
operation)

The full course outline is available at

http://www.afrinic.net/training/ipv6training.htm
and

http://www.afrinic.net/training/inrmtraining.htm

We wish to extend our appreciation to GDES (General Data Engineering Services
Limited) and NITDA for hosting this

workshop and making it a success.

Warm Regards.