[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 news - weekly summary

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed Apr 23 12:54:24 SAST 2008

Hi Hari,

Not really. Even if we setup a POP in Africa, most of the time, the
intra-Africa latency may be even worst, because often, the links among
different countries, goes back to Europe or US.

In any case, I'm not sure if TENET is able to support some tunnels, as part
of OCCAID, and if their connectivity to OCCAID is stable and provides a
better latency. It may depend on from which country you setup a tunnel to
OCCAID.

However, when we setup a tunnel to OCCAID, we always measure, before
choosing the POP, what is the latency to the different POPs, so this will be
decided in each case to fit as better as possible (including TENET POP if
they can accommodate non-educational African peers).

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Hari Kurup <kurup at afrinic.net>
> Organización: AfriNIC
> Responder a: <kurup at afrinic.net>
> Fecha: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:57:50 +0200
> Para: <jordi.palet at consulintel.es>, IPv6 in Africa
> <afripv6-discuss at afrinic.net>
> Asunto: Re: [afripv6-discuss] IPv6 news - weekly summary
>
> On 23/04/2008 10:08, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:-
>> I've mention this several times ... We can provide this king of tunnel,
>> offering free IPv6 transit for a maximum of two years, to those which can't
>> get service from their own upstreams.
>>
>> This is done via the GIPS program at OCCAID
>> (http://www.occaid.org/initiatives.php?node=gips).
>
> Hi Jordi.
>
> I have a question: Considering that quality of service could be impacted
> due to high latency reaching OCCAID POPs in Europe/US, what are the
> prospects of having a POP that is closer to us in Africa?
>
> --
> Hari

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !