[afripv6-discuss] End site assignments

Colin Alston colin at thusa.co.za
Sat Sep 8 13:40:20 SAST 2007

Hello all

Reading over the registration requirements I got to thinking about
this clause:

"Plan to assign a reasonable number of /48's to end-sites in the
AfriNIC region within 12 months"

Especially the current LIR allocations in the ZA region (MTN-NS,
UUNet, Internet Solutions etc), while some are not even announcing
their space at all, I don't see many of them (with the exception of
one or two) filling this criteria of assigning space to end-sites.

Is this prerequisite only to "plan" on doing so, or can AfriNIC (or
others passively) hold them to keeping a promise of actually providing
IPv6 connectivity to their customers or end-sites within some time frame?

--
Colin Alston <colin at thusa.co.za>     ______
Linux & Internet Services           /\_\_\_\