[afripv6-discuss] Are AfriNic's /48 being filtered?

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Sun Aug 26 20:53:34 SAST 2007

Jordi,

On 24 Aug 2007, at 11:18, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> This is the reason why I always insisted that PI should be /32.
>
> Many people will IGNORE what AfriNIC or other RIRs tell them and
> will keep
> filtering anything longer than /32.
>
> Nice to have non-reachable critical infrastructures !
>
> In my opinion we should still consider a change in the policy to allow
> AfriNIC to assign a /32 in case is proven, as in this case, than
> the /48 is
> getting filtered.

You raise an interesting point. Is it your opinion that AfriNIC (or
any RIR) should guarantee routability? If so, to what proportion of
inter-connected networks should it guarantee routability and how
should such routability be measured? How would you document such a
guarantee in a policy?

Regards,

Leo Vegoda