[afripv6-discuss] Are AfriNic's /48 being filtered?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:43:30 SAST 2007

Mark,

On 8/24/07, Mark J Elkins <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:
> Right - I'm jumping up and down on my soap box. AfriNIC - can you hear?

I think they have already done the neccesary, AfriNIC or any RIR for
that matter NEVER guarantee routability of address space.  They offer
information to perators, not guidelines or mandatory instructions.

> People can't get to Critical infrastructure (the co.za system)..

it's certainly not critical IMHO, but let's not let our different
opinions become a red-herring to your problem.

> The CO.ZA Registry System is Open to the Whole World - we allow
> registrations from Anyone - Anywhere in the world - thus we need to be
> seen from anywhere in the world.

Then become an LIR and get a /32 my china. Routability won't be
guaranteed, but will be more likely.

> Although we are not yet taking IPv6 glue into the COZA registry
> (ComingRealSoonNow), we *do* have machines on IPv6 addresses - which
> *do* need full and proper internet connectivity right now.

Then you need to talk to Tiscali, they are your upstream provider. You
(with help from Tiscali) need to contact the people who are filtering
you.

--
Cheers,

McTim