[AfrICANN-discuss] Selected Topic: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting - ICANN 78 GM / thématique sélectionnée pour la Réunion Conjointe AFRALO-AfrICANN - pour la réunion de l’assemblée Générale de l'ICANN 78

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong abdeldjalil.bachar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 00:22:45 UTC 2023

Hello Dear AFRALO-AFRICANN Community members

We hope this email finds you well and in good health.

Thanks so much for your contributions , suggestions and your expression to
join the Draft team  for the Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN statement for the
ICANN76  Meeting.

Following our call of Topic we received a topic proposal from , Here is a
summary of the discussion.

1. "Internet resource management in Africa" by  Aziz Hilali (Malick’s
suggestion to  add "governance" to the title "Internet Resource Management
and Governance in Africa.")

2.  "Improving Domain Name choices with new gTLDs" by Remmy Nweke

3.   "Internet Security" by Julius Kirimi

4. “Data protection and internet in Africa” by Lesley Tarabina Kelly

5. "Addressing Geopolitical Challenges in ICANN's Mission to Ensure a
Globally Interoperable Internet in the African Context" by sam kinuthia

We like to first congratulate Aziz, Remmy,Kirimi,Lesley and Sam  for their
great proposal of topics and all people supported .

   - Topic 1 : “Internet resource management in Africa” received support
   from :

1-Raymond Mamattah

2-Hadia El Miniawi

3-Bukola Oronti

4-Fatimata Seye Sylla

5-Gabriel BOMBAMBO Boseko

6-IMRANE AHMAT SOULEYMANE

7.Malick K. ALASSANE

8.Keolebogile Rantsetse

9.Moustapha Abakar Abderamane

   - Topic 2 : “Improving Domain Name choices with new gTLDs” received
   support from : 0
   - Topic 3 : “Internet Security” received support from : 0
   - Topic 4:“Data protection and internet in Africa”received support from:0
   - Topic 5 : “Addressing Geopolitical Challenges in ICANN's Mission to
   Ensure a Globally Interoperable Internet in the African Context" received
   support from : 0

As you know following the mailing list, our topic for the Statement will be
topic 1 proposed  by Prof Aziz Hilali  : “Internet resource management in
Africa' ' who had received most support from the community  and as
Malick’s  suggestion to  add "governance" to the title "Internet Resource
Management and Governance in Africa.") received no objection on mailing
list our final topic for ICANN 78 is : "Internet Resource Management and
Governance in Africa".

For drafting Team we have received many request ,

 the drafting  Team composition :

1-Aziz Hilali , hilaliaziz at yahoo.fr

2-Aïcha Abbad , aichaabbadarpsha at gmail.com

3-Ernest mafuta , ernestmafuta at gmail.com

4- Hervé Hounzandji , herve.hounzandji at gmail.com

5- Remmy Nweke, remmyn at gmail.com

6-Raïhanath GBADAMASSI , rainath03 at gmail.com

7-Julius Kirimi , julius.kirimi.ffl at gmail.com

8.Lesley Tarabina Kelly , lesley at wtec.org.ng

9.Raymond Mamattah , mamattah.raymond at gmail.com

10.Hadia El Miniawi , hadiaminiawi at yahoo.com

11.Bukola Oronti , bukkiepharworley at gmail.com

12.Fatimata Seye Sylla , fsylla at gmail.com

13.Gabriel BOMBAMBO Boseko , gbombambo at gmail.com

14.IMRANE AHMAT SOULEYMANE , imraneahmat at gmail.com

15.Malick K. ALASSANE , alkomalick at gmail.com

16. Sam kinuthia , samkih1 at gmail.com

17. Keolebogile Rantsetse , keopunana at yahoo.com

18.Moustapha Abakar Abderamane ,moustaphaabakarabderamane at gmail.com

19.Amina Ramallan ,aramallan at ncc.gov.ng

20.Thoko Miya ,msthokomiya at gmail.com>

We hope that we don't miss anyone on the drafting team.

The drafting team will receive an email for the next step.

Kind regards,

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong

AFRALO Secrétariat

(On behalf of AFRALO Leadership Team)