[AfrICANN-discuss] [AFRI-Discuss] Call for Topic: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting - ICANN 76 Community Forum / appel à proposition de thèmes pour la Réunion Conjointe AFRALO-AfrICANN - Forum Communautaire de l'ICANN 76

Abdulkarim Oloyede oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Fri Jan 20 09:42:15 UTC 2023

Hi Seun,
I do agree with you that we need to address this critical issue especially
cos  of the current  realities but it seems the majority are going in a
direction.

However. I just want to point our that we don't have the real  DNS
operators in Africa. What we have are mirrors and the mirrors are guided by
the guidance of the Root Server Operators (RSO).
 The practice or best practice is dependent on the RSOs. I do not know what
the person who proposed the topic has in mind.

Apologies if am coming late to the table.

AK

Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin
<http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal
<http://uilugportal.unilorin.edu.ng/> PGPortal