[AfrICANN-discuss] Condolences / Condoleances Makane Faye (CEA, AFStar organisations)

Keith Andere kephand at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:55:35 UTC 2021

This is very sad.

Sincere condolences to the family. The IGF community and by extension the
tech community has lost a strong pillar.

Rest in power Makane!

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 4:20 PM Nelly Kwende <nkwende at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quelle triste nouvelle, paix à l'âme de Makane et condoléances à sa

> famille biologique et à tous ceux qui l'on aimé.

> Le lun. 29 mars 2021 à 13:44, Y Mshana <ymshana2003 at gmail.com> a écrit :

>> Inna-Lillahi-wa'inna-Ilayhi Rajiun. May his soul Rest in Eternal Peace.

>> Ameen

>> Dr Y. Mshana

>> On Sun, 28 Mar 2021, 14:53 Alex Corenthin, <alex.corenthin at nic.sn> wrote:

>>> *CONDOLENCES / CONDOLEANCES : on line

>>> : https://forms.gle/WB4kcTRPnL9kAPEY6 <https://forms.gle/WB4kcTRPnL9kAPEY6>*

>>> *Makane Faye *

>>> Décédé le vendredi 26 mars 2021

>>> Cette page est ouverte à tous ceux qui n’ont d’autre choix que de te

>>> laisser partir avec un grand merci et une belle pensée.

>>> Passed away on Friday March 26, 2021

>>> This page is open to anyone who has no choice but to let you go with

>>> thoughts and gratitude.

>>> Makane FAYE a pris sa retraite des Nations Unies où il a passé 26 ans à

>>> diriger le programme TIC pour le développement et la gestion des

>>> connaissances de la CEA à Addis-Abeba ainsi que la Fédération des

>>> associations et syndicats du personnel des Nations Unies (FUNSA). Makane

>>> était chef du Centre de documentation et d'information de l'Organisation

>>> régionale africaine de normalisation à Nairobi, au Kenya avant de rejoindre

>>> l'ONU. Il a dirigé le lancement du Forum africain sur la gouvernance de

>>> l'Internet, dont il était le secrétaire. Il était également président du

>>> comité de planification du WAIGF et membre du comité exécutif de l'Internet

>>> Governance Support Association (IGFSA).

>>> Il était aussi président de l'Association des anciens membres du

>>> personnel des Nations Unies résidant au Sénégal et est, à ses heures

>>> perdues, consultant en TIC pour le développement et la gouvernance de

>>> l'Internet. Makane était titulaire d'un doctorat en technologie de

>>> l'information, d'une maîtrise en gestion de l'information et d'un

>>> baccalauréat en sciences de la documentation. Tu vas nous manquer

>>> énormément Makane. Repose en paix très cher ami et frère. Nous poursuivons

>>> ton œuvre.

>>> Makane FAYE retired from the United Nations where he spent 26 years

>>> leading the ICT for Knowledge Development and Management program of ECA in

>>> Addis Ababa as well as the United Nations Federation of Staff Associations

>>> and Unions (FUNSA ). Makane was head of the Documentation and Information

>>> Center of the African Regional Organization for Standardization in Nairobi,

>>> Kenya before joining the UN. He led the launch of the African Internet

>>> Governance Forum, of which he was the secretary. He was also chairman of

>>> the WAIGF planning committee and a member of the Internet Governance

>>> Support Association (IGFSA) executive committee.

>>> He was also president of the Association of Former United Nations Staff

>>> Residing in Senegal and is, in his spare time, an ICT consultant for

>>> Internet development and governance. Makane held a doctorate in information

>>> technology, a master's degree in information management, and a bachelor's

>>> degree in documentation science. You will be sorely missed Makane. Rest in

>>> peace dear friend and brother. We continue your work.

>>> AfrICANN mailing list

>>> AfrICANN at afrinic.net

Keith Andere
Internet Governance | Policy | Cyber Peace & Security | Sustainable
Development
W: wa.me/+254722565212 <http://wa.me/254722565212> | LinkedIn
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/andereke> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/AndereKE>
E: keith at auyc.org | keith.andere at unmgcy.org

[image: linkedin icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/ke/andereke> [image:
twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/AndereKE>
*Please consider the data privacy and confidentiality of this e-mail or
it's contents.*