[AfrICANN-discuss] Internet Governance Weekly Brief (W23Y20): Internet in COVID-19 era; Internet in FLOYD death protests; Geopolitics and race for 5G; Israel-Iran cyberwar; Germany - Russia cyber disputes; Pre-ICANN68 Policy Report…
alfamamadou at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 18:10:10 UTC 2020
For your documentation, kindly find our weekly review on Internet Governance<https://internetgov.news/internet-governance-weekly-brief-w23y20-internet-in-covid-19-era-internet-in-floyd-death-protests-geopolitics-and-race-for-5g-israel-iran-cyberwar-germany-russia-cyber-disputes-pre-icann68-p/> with some main titles featured below.
INTERNET IN COVID-19 ERA
* US Cyberspace Solarium Commission White Paper #1: Cybersecurity Lessons from the Pandemic
* Statement by the North Atlantic Council concerning malicious cyber activities
* EDPB response to NGOs on Hungarian Decrees and statement on Article 23 GDPR
* Digital rights organisations rebuke restrictions on rights and freedoms during COVID-19 using cybercrimes legislations in Kenya and Nigeria
* How cloud computing has supported the COVID-19 response
* Fight fake news linking 5G with coronavirus, European Union members urge.....
INTERNET IN FLOYD DEATH PROTEST
* Minneapolis City and Police Websites Attacked
* George Floyd death: Anti-racism sites hit by wave of cyber-attacks
* Social media companies address 'challenge' mocking George Floyd's death......
GEOPOLITICS AND THE RACE FOR 5G
* US DOD Announces New Locations for Additional 5G Testing, Experimentation
* Expanded G7 likely to tackle Huawei's 5G dominance......
MORE NEWS ON INTERNET GOVERNANCE
* Pre-ICANN68 Policy Report
* Iran ‘opened a Pandora’s box’ in cyber attack on Israeli water system
* EU to impose sanctions on Russia hackers for cyber attack on German Bundestag t
* North Korea accuses U.S. of hurting its image with cyber threat warning
* The European Digital Media Observatory project kicks off
* Launch of ARII 2019 website for deeper understanding of Africa’s performance in regional integration
* Europe's Gaia-X cloud computing platform takes shape
* European Commission launches consultation to seek views on Digital Services Act package
* US CISA launched CISA Central, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s hub for staying on top of threats and emerging risks.
* British Army launches its first cyberwar regiment
* EU Signs Contract for Large-Scale Biometric Database to Enhance Border Security.....
Also, read our April 2020 monthly review in full in English<https://internetgov.news/internet-governance-monthly-brief-april-2020-internet-in-covid-19-era-icann-blocks-controversial-sale-of-org-domain-u-s-cyberspace-solarium-commission-report-itu-stress-importance-of-frontier-t/>, French<https://internetgov.news/fr/revue-mensuelle-gouvernance-internet-avril-2020-internet-a-lere-covid-19-licann-bloque-la-vente-controversee-du-domaine-org-rapport-de-la-solarium-cyberspace-commission-des-etats-unis-lu/>; Spanish<https://internetgov.news/es/resumen-mensual-de-gobernanza-de-internet-april-2020-internet-en-la-era-covid-19-icann-bloquea-la-venta-controvertida-del-dominio-org-informe-de-la-comision-de-solarium-del-ciberespacio-de-los-e/>, portuguese <https://internetgov.news/pt/resumo-mensal-da-governanca-da-internet-abril-2020/> and Italian<https://internetgov.news/it/notiziario-mensile-di-internet-governance-aprile-2020-internet-nellera-covid-19-icann-blocca-la-controversa-vendita-del-dominio-org-il-rapporto-della-commissione-us-cyberspace-solar/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AfrICANN