[AfrICANN-discuss] [AFRI-Discuss] Call for topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting for ICANN67

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Fri Jan 10 12:03:02 UTC 2020

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for your email.

For me "Core priority areas to focus on within the African ICANN Strategy"
moving ahead.

Kind Regards

Poncelet

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 05:48, Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Sarah and colleagues,

> I would like to propose the following topic;

> Building the Capacity of end users to curb DNS Abuse is Africa.

> Regards

> On Thu, 9 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm Robert Nkambwe via AFRI-Discuss, <

> afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

>> Thanks for sharing Sarah.

>> Robert

>> On Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:41:47 PM GMT+3, Sarah Kiden <

>> skiden at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Dear Colleagues,

>> I hope this email finds you well. The ICANN67 Meeting is scheduled for

>> March 7 - 12, 2020 in Cancún, Mexico. As with previous ICANN meetings, we

>> plan to hold the Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting. We would like to invite you

>> to submit topics for this session. Our previous statements have focused on

>> issues like: evolving the ICANN Multistakeholder model, New gTLD Subsequent

>> Procedures, enhancing ICANN accountability, etc. Please see our previous

>> statements here

>> <https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/Joint+AFRALO-AfrICANN+Statements+Workspace>.

>> Please see our proposed timeline:

>> Call for topics: 9 - 16 January 2020

>> Topic announcement and call for drafting team: 17 - 22 January 2020

>> Drafting of Statement: 23 January - 13 February 2020

>> Send Statement to Staff for translation: 14 February 2020

>> Please send your suggested topics by *Thursday, 16 January 2020*, after

>> which the drafting team will prepare a draft statement that will be shared

>> with the rest of the members.

>> Looking forward to your contributions.

>> Kind regards,

>> Sarah Kiden

>> AFRALO Secretariat

>> Homepage for the region: http://www.afralo.org

>> Posting guidelines to ensure machine translations of emails sent to this

>> list are more accurate:

>> http://www.funredes.org/mistica/english/emec/method_emec/presentation.html#anexo1

Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240