[AfrICANN-discuss] Call for Topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting - ICANN69 (Virtual)

Olivier Kouami olivierkouami at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 19:15:00 UTC 2020

Hi all
+1 @Abdelhakim.
Such a topic seems to be more under the ICANN remit and is also a hot topic.
I conccur.
Warm regards.
Olévié

Le jeu. 27 août 2020 à 05:53, abdelhakim chattaoui <
abdelhakim.chattaoui at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi all,

> I like to propose a topic about Managed dns servers ( like OpenDns,

> 9.9.9.9, 1.1.1.2; 1.1.1.3 and many other):

> - What are the benefits of these services?

> - What are the impacts of internet stability and openings?

> - Can we trust the managed DNS services.

> There are many questions and we can have a very good discussion about

> this topic.

> Kind regards,

> Chattaoui Abdelhakim

> Le mer. 26 août 2020 à 10:44, Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com> a écrit :

>> Hi all,

>> Sending a kind reminder about the call for topics that ends tomorrow

>> (Thursday, 27 August 2020). Please see the details in the email below.

>> Looking forward to hearing from you.

>> Thank you,

>> Sarah

>> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 8:23 PM Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Dear Colleagues,

>>> I hope this email finds you well. The ICANN69 Meeting is scheduled for

>>> 17 - 22 October 2020. This meeting will be virtual. As with previous ICANN

>>> meetings, we plan to hold the Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting and we would

>>> like to invite you to submit topics for this session. Our previous

>>> statements have focused on issues like: Domain Name System (DNS) Abuse,

>>> evolving the ICANN Multistakeholder model, New gTLD Subsequent Procedures,

>>> enhancing ICANN accountability, etc. Please see our previous statements

>>> here

>>> <https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/Joint+AFRALO-AfrICANN+Statements+Workspace>

>>> .

>>> Please see our proposed timeline:

>>> 20 Aug 2020 Call for topics and drafting team

>>> 20 - 27 Aug 2020 Selection of topic constitution of drafting team

>>> 27 Aug - 5 Sept 2020 First Draft of Statement

>>> 6 - 18 Sept 2020 Second Draft of Statement

>>> 19 Sept 2020 Send Statement to Staff for translation

>>> Kindly send your suggested topics by Thursday, 27 August 2020, after

>>> which the drafting team will be constituted to prepare a draft statement

>>> that will be shared with the rest of the members. If you would like to join

>>> the drafting team, kindly notify us offlist.

>>> Looking forward to your contributions.

>>> Kind regards,

>>> Sarah