[AfrICANN-discuss] Call for Topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting - ICANN69 (Virtual)

Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong abdeldjalil.bachar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 09:14:32 UTC 2020

Hello Sarah

Please finds some suggestions

1-AFRICA Region role to play (reflexion/perspective) on Next Round of
NewgTLD
Africa Region

2-Impact of COVID19 on domain name system in Africa : community role to
play

3-Impact of DNS abuse to the Internet community in Africa

4- Universal Acceptance (UA) for better Internet development in Africa
5-Improving AFRICA Community implication on ICANN during COVID19 pandemic

Thanks

------------

Cordialement

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG

----------------------------------

PRESIDENT & CEO

"HOUSE OF AFRICA"

E-mail: bachar at houseof.africa
Twitter: @HOUSEOFAFRIK
WEBSITE : www.houseof.africa
Whatsapp: +23566274284
Skype: Bongbour

-------------------------------------

Le Secrétaire Exécutif/Executive Secretary

Forum sur la Gouvernance de l'Internet au Tchad (FGI Tchad) /
Chad Internet Governance Forum
-------------------------------------

E-mail: Bachar at igf.td
Website: www.igf.td
Twitter :@IGFCHAD
https://twitter.com/bacharbong
Tél:0023566274284
N'djaména(Tchad)

|AFRINIC Fellow|ISOC CHAD Member|ICANN/AFRALO Member|NEXTGEN

Fellow|GIVE1PROJECT MEMBER|IGFSA MEMBER|ACIEDD BOARD MEMBER|UN YOUTH
DELEGATE - CHAD 2016-2018|ICANN60 Fellow ||Youth Peacebuilder|VP United
Nations Association of Chad (UNA-Tchad)||

Le mer. 26 août 2020 à 09:54, Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Dear Sarah,

> I would like to propose 'perspectives on the draft final report on the New

> gTLD Subsequent Procedures'

> Best Regards

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 11:43 AM Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi all,

>> Sending a kind reminder about the call for topics that ends tomorrow

>> (Thursday, 27 August 2020). Please see the details in the email below.

>> Looking forward to hearing from you.

>> Thank you,

>> Sarah

>> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 8:23 PM Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Dear Colleagues,

>>> I hope this email finds you well. The ICANN69 Meeting is scheduled for

>>> 17 - 22 October 2020. This meeting will be virtual. As with previous ICANN

>>> meetings, we plan to hold the Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting and we would

>>> like to invite you to submit topics for this session. Our previous

>>> statements have focused on issues like: Domain Name System (DNS) Abuse,

>>> evolving the ICANN Multistakeholder model, New gTLD Subsequent Procedures,

>>> enhancing ICANN accountability, etc. Please see our previous statements

>>> here

>>> <https://community.icann.org/display/AFRALO/Joint+AFRALO-AfrICANN+Statements+Workspace>

>>> .

>>> Please see our proposed timeline:

>>> 20 Aug 2020 Call for topics and drafting team

>>> 20 - 27 Aug 2020 Selection of topic constitution of drafting team

>>> 27 Aug - 5 Sept 2020 First Draft of Statement

>>> 6 - 18 Sept 2020 Second Draft of Statement

>>> 19 Sept 2020 Send Statement to Staff for translation

>>> Kindly send your suggested topics by Thursday, 27 August 2020, after

>>> which the drafting team will be constituted to prepare a draft statement

>>> that will be shared with the rest of the members. If you would like to join

>>> the drafting team, kindly notify us offlist.

>>> Looking forward to your contributions.

>>> Kind regards,

>>> Sarah