[AfrICANN-discuss] Africa Top Level Domains Organization 2019 Annual Report

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Fri Aug 7 10:47:44 UTC 2020

Hi Barrack,

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 12:20 PM Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Many thanks for reading the report. We welcome your feedback and most

> importantly views. Could you be specify the challenges so that we can work

> on them and report back to the Community? You can use this channel or email

> secretariat at aftld.org or both.

Thank you for your reply. I suggest that you examine the link and come up
with your own useful questions.

I do not wish to single out any... so please I use only as one simple
example, there are many many questions.

I believe Nigeria is one of our largest populations and economies...
yet the .ng domain has less than 2600 live hosts in 2019
ng 2563 10476 7913 154 606 Nigeria

compared with Egypt
eg 4989280 5004756 15476 39 798 Egypt
almost 5 million

2600 and 5 million are clearly vastly different numbers!

Sincerely

Alan

> On Fri, 7 Aug 2020, 12:15 pm Alan Levin, <alan at futureperfect.co.za> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> Just a quick note to say that I read this wonderful brochure. Wow, so

>> many investors and sponsors, it makes us look good.

>> Unfortunately there are deep and significant problems with aftld's that

>> are not mentioned or even alluded to.

>> The ISC domain survey has unfortunately ended because the Internet has

>> advanced on the whole, globally.

>> This list does reflect where the problem areas in Africa remain a BIG

>> problem for Aftld's...

>> https://downloads.isc.org/www/survey/reports/current/bynum.txt

>> Sincerely

>> Alan

>> On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 9:46 AM Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com>

>> wrote:

>>> Dear Community Members,

>>> Attached please find the annual report for Africa Top Level Domains

>>> Organization.