[AfrICANN-discuss] Internet Governance Weekly Brief (W17Y20): COVID-19 & Internet; Snowden ask to remain in Russia; Argentina and China Central Banks to adopt cryptocurrency; ITU on climate change fight; 2020 World Press Freedom
alfamamadou at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:55:54 UTC 2020
For your documentation, kindly find our weekly review on Internet Governance<https://internetgov.news/internet-governance-weekly-brief-w17y20-covid-19-snowden-to-remain-in-russia-argentina-and-china-central-banks-to-adopt-cryptocurrency-itu-on-climate-change-fight-2020-world-press-f/> with some main titles featured below.
MAIN NEWS / TITLES
* European Data Protection Board: Guidelines 04/2020 on the use of location data and contact tracing tools in the context of the COVID-19 outbreak. Adopted on 21 April 202
* ITU - Unleashing information technology to defeat COVID-19 : Initiative builds on current efforts to disseminate health messages through the joint WHO-ITU BeHe at lthy BeMobile initiative.
* Council of Europe: Freedom of expression and information in times of crisis
* 2020 World Press Freedom Index: “Entering a decisive decade for journalism, exacerbated by coronavirus”
* New Europol report on who are the counterfeiters and how they are trying to profit from COVID-19
* Snowden asks to remain in Russia for three more years
* France: 2019 Annual Report of the Ambassador for digital affairs
* ITU: Frontier technologies are key tools to combat climate change
* RIPE opposes Chinese proposal to change core internet protocols
* Argentina’s Central Bank Leverages Blockchain Technology
* China's Central Bank Allows Some Commercial Lenders to Start Running Trials of Its Digital Currency
Also, read our March monthly review in full in English<https://internetgov.news/internet-governance-monthly-brief-march-2020/>, French<https://internetgov.news/fr/revue-mensuelle-gouvernance-internet-mars-2020/>, Spanish<https://internetgov.news/es/resumen-mensual-de-gobernanza-de-internet-marzo-2020/>, Portuguese<https://internetgov.news/pt/resumo-mensal-de-governanca-da-internet-march-2020/> and Italian <https://internetgov.news/it/notiziario-mensile-internet-governance-marzo-2020/>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AfrICANN