[AfrICANN-discuss] Participate in AFRINIC's next webinar ''Preparing Critical Internet Infrastructure for Black Swan Events''
Susan Akinyi Otieno
susan.otieno at afrinic.net
Mon Apr 6 09:26:14 UTC 2020
Like many professionals around the world, recent events have affected your everyday practices and routines. You might even wish there was a fast forward button to skip 2020.
One or more of the following may have happened to you:
* Working from home is the new normal
* Someone you know has lost all or part of their income
* Your children or friend’s children have had to stop going to school
You have considered making a sacrifice to the gods of the Internet (ok — maybe not). You may also have realised that perhaps those people who were pushing for Internet access as a human right weren’t so wrong after all - the Internet is no longer a nice-to-have. It’s an essential requirement for survival in the 21st century.
Join us as we discuss critical internet infrastructure. We will specifically focus on:
* What is critical Internet infrastructure?
* How do Black Swan events, e.g. pandemics, affect critical Internet infrastructure?
* How are critical infrastructure holding up around the world during this COVID-19 pandemic?
* How do we determine and plug the critical infrastructure deficits at organisational and national levels?
Date: 9th April 2020
16:30 GST (Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar)
12:30 UTC (Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire)
13:30 WAT (Nigeria, Cameroon)
15:30 EAT (Kenya, Uganda)
The webinar will be in English. A French one will be organised later. Please do not forget to add the event to your calendar.
Susan M.A. Otieno
Marketing and PR Manager
African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC)
t: +230 403 5100 | f: +230 466 6758 | tt: @afrinic | w: www.afrinic.net
facebook.com/afrinic | flickr.com/afrinic | youtube.com/afrinicmedia
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AfrICANN