[AfrICANN-discuss] Issues of Canadian Visa for ICANN66

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 10:05:44 UTC 2019

+1 Liz.
Some people on this list are responding to people's queries simply for
the sake of responding. They'd better just keep quiet.

> I agree with Amadu and Ali. And remote participation doesn't give equal

> participation. Otherwise, why is icann holding physical meetings instead

> of purely remote engagements?

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 11:37 Dr Eberhard W Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:

>> It is sad, but not uncommon in the African context, when people do not

>> (want to) understand how government works.

>> el

>> On 25/10/2019 09:52, AMADU YUSIF wrote:

>> > Ali,

>> > I agree with you perfectly. This has been happening and no one

>> > cares to talk about it. It happened to some of the ICANN fellows in

>> > London and Spain. Its about time the local organizing committee act

>> > on it. I remember when I was going to India to attend GCCS 2017, the

>> > government of India appointed someone solely in-charge of visa issues.

>> > ICANN must liaise with LOC to make sure that all participants are

>> > taking care off as far as visa issues is concern. Its so sad that

>> > when people have volunteered to leave their work and family to go and

>> > participate in the betterment of internet and they are refused a visa.

>> > I think it is not right and ICANN must act on it.

>> > Yusif Amadu

>> [...]

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <https://www.smart-kitoko.com/>*,
Tel: +243 993810967 (DRC)
GPG: 523644A0