[AfrICANN-discuss] Issues of Canadian Visa for ICANN66

AMADU YUSIF yamadu at ug.edu.gh
Fri Oct 25 07:52:01 UTC 2019

Ali, I agree with you perfectly. This has been happening and no one cares to talk about it. It happened to some of the ICANN fellows in London and Spain. Its about time the local organizing committee act on it. I remember when I was going to India to attend GCCS 2017, the government of India appointed someone solely in-charge of visa issues. ICANN must liaise with LOC to make sure that all participants are taking care off as far as visa issues is concern. Its so sad that when people have volunteered to leave their work and family to go and participate in the betterment of internet and they are refused a visa. I think it is not right and ICANN must act on it.

Yusif Amadu
eLearning Unit
University of Ghana Computing Systems
University of Ghana