[AfrICANN-discuss] Internet Governance Weekly Brief
alfamamadou at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 17:08:20 UTC 2019
For your documentation, kindly find our weekly web review on Internet Governance<https://gouvernanceinternet.wordpress.com/2019/10/18/internet-governance-weekly-brief-cyber-gropolitics-cyberconflict-infrastructure-cybersecurity-data-protection-content-digital-economy-artificial-intelligence-encryption-digital-health-a/> with some main titles featured below.
CYBER GROPOLITICS / CYBERCONFLICT
* Berlin clears path for Huawei 5G network
* Huawei lashes out at Estonia for 'unfounded' security claims
* Russia cyber aggression fuels tensions with west
* US launched secret cyber strike against Iran after attacks on Saudi oil facilities
* Belarus briefly detains Russian accused of U.S. election meddling
* U.S: where do the 2020 Candidates Stand on Cybersecurity Awareness?
* Iran says arrested opposition figure 'directed by French intel'
* The Netherlands releases a Tour de Force on International Law in Cyberspace : Analysis
* SpaceX submits paperwork for 30,000 more Starlink satellites
* The price of achieving broadband access across Africa is $100bn
* Indonesia completes fiber-optic network to bring internet to remote east
* UNESCO East Africa and Huawei Sign MoU to Improve Digital Skills and AI Capabilities
* Leading Domain Registries and Registrars Release Joint Document on Addressing ‘DNS Abuse’
* Romania wins 2019 European Cyber Security Challenge competition
* India: Government soon to place new Data Protection Bill in Parliament
* IRAN: Pres. Rouhani: People’s privacy must be completely protected
* Top Microsoft exec says online privacy has reached 'a crisis point'
* France to redouble efforts to create EU tech regulator after copyright spat
* UK drops plans for online pornography age verification system
* South Korean National and Hundreds of Others Charged Worldwide in the Takedown of the Largest Darknet Child Pornography Website, Which was Funded by Bitcoin
* New OECD proposal aims to shore up tax revenues in digital era
* Italy goes it alone on Digital Services Tax..
* US: Lawmakers Blast Administration for Tech Shield in Trade Deals
* International ip experts debate protecting artificial intelligence research
* Without encryption, we will lose all privacy. This is our new battleground : Edward Snowden<https://www.theguardian.com/profile/edward-snowden>
* Germany aims to become EU leader in digital health revamp
* Turkey blocks WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook to crush criticism as it attacks Northern Syria
INTERNET OF THINGS
* Amsterdam Airport Schiphol launches own Internet of Things network
* DRAFT PTI and IANA FY21 Operating Plan and Budgets
* Proposed Changes and new Additions to the IANA SLAs for ccTLD Creation and ccTLD Transfers
* Registration Directory Service (RDS-WHOIS2) Review Team Final Report
* Meet Three APrIGF 2019 Fellows
* ‘These Are Our First Roadways’: Internet Access and Self-Determination in Pu`uhonua O Waimanalo
* Birds of a Feather at IETF 106
Read review in full here : https://gouvernanceinternet.wordpress.com/2019/10/18/internet-governance-weekly-brief-cyber-gropolitics-cyberconflict-infrastructure-cybersecurity-data-protection-content-digital-economy-artificial-intelligence-encryption-digital-health-a/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the AfrICANN