[AfrICANN-discuss] Delegation: ccTLD for South Susan and IDN ccTLD for Mauritania

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.na
Thu Feb 7 09:57:49 UTC 2019

Well,

after the usual clamoring has subsided, we that the Contacts use GMAIL
addresses instead of .SS. Not a violation, in itself, but it does tell
me something.

The name servers are in Tanzania, and Kenia (and Czech Republic) which
means the Technical Contact does not have direct (local) access, which
can become a (communication) issue.

The RNAME in the Start of Authority records is non functional.
hostmaster.ss bounces, if only that here is no MX record for .SS (which
in itself is not an issue), never mind an actual hostmaster email
address even existing.

The name server root.ssnic.GOV.SS has doesn't have a PTR and the name
server for GOV.SS ns-ss.afrinic.net (!) is even LAME.

While I see DNSSEC records within .SS it appears the DS record is not in
the root yet.

This means it's being tested.  And, it is clear that this is running on
someone else's iron (who already signs).

Given that it would mean that either FRED or CoCCAtools being used,
which is a good thing, and most piggibacking on someone else's iron,
which in itself is not a bad thing, but to quote the person without a
surname below:

	"and our dependency progresses..."

greetings, el

On 07/02/2019 11:08, Noah wrote:
> and we progress...........
>
> *./noah*
> neo - network engineering and operations*
> *
>

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:22 AM Yaovi Atohoun
> <yaovi.atohoun at icann.org> wrote:
[...]
> - Delegation of “.ss” completed for South Sudan.  You can go to
> whois.iana.org <http://whois.iana.org> for details on the contacts of
> the registry.
[...]
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse          / Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Saar)
PO Box 8421                  /