[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN turned 20 on 30th September

Dandjinou Pierre pdandjinou at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:04:48 UTC 2018

In the event you missed it, I wanted to convey to you the Tweet
<https://twitter.com/ICANN/status/1045347972941135873> that ICANN CEO&
President produced in a view to encourage blog submissions from the
community to CircleID.

 Pierre

Blog: Celebrating ICANN at 20 through your recollections

ICANN will soon be celebrating its birthday in Barcelona, specifically at
ICANN63, 20-25 October 2018. This will be an historic meeting for a number
of reasons, a primary one being that it will mark the 20th anniversary of
ICANN's formation.

It's no secret that ICANN's growth over the last two decades has been built
on a foundation of community involvement and it is the community's
contributions that will be explored during a special session in Barcelona,
entitled *ICANN at 20*. I hope you can attend.

If you have specific questions about the community's role in making ICANN
what it is today, I would like to invite you to submit those questions in
advance to history at icann.org. Your questions will be addressed during this
session, currently scheduled for 25 October at 17:00 (15:00 UTC).

Immediately following this exploration of community involvement, I would
like to invite you to join us at 18:30 (16:30 UTC) for an *ICANN at 20* cocktail
reception. It's been 20 years of hard work by an organization that is
unlike most others in the world. It is now time to toast the historical
accomplishments that will undoubtedly frame our future.

Leading up to the Barcelona meeting, CircleID
<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20180822_icann_turning_20_your_thoughts/> is
posting blogs from community members who want to share their memories and
impressions of ICANN's first 20-years. It can be a brief story of an event
that carries special meaning for you, or a personal tale of why you have
been part of our community.

We would like to encourage community members to send CircleID your stories
and thoughts. Your recollections are a vital part of our history that
should not be forgotten.

Early ICANN pioneers will also be submitting blogs in the weeks leading up
to ICANN63. Those will be posted on both ICANN.org and CircleID in the
weeks leading up to the Barcelona meeting.

ICANN's on-going History Project <https://www.icann.org/history> has
revealed that the organization's first 20-years are filled with fascinating
stories of an organization like few others. You have the great stories and
we are asking you to share them with the rest of us.

I look forward to seeing you in Barcelona, where we will celebrate ICANN at 20.
Göran’s blog
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/blog-celebrating-icann-20-through-your-recollections>

--
Pierre Dandjinou