[AfrICANN-discuss] (Almost) Final Agenda TechDay Hyderabad ICANN57

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Wed Jan 11 16:29:42 UTC 2017

			            Call for Presentations
                               TechDay
                             at ICANN 58
                            in Copenhagen

The ICANN Tech Working Group is again planning a technical workshop at
the ICANN 58 meeting on Monday 2016-03-13 in Copenhagen, Denmark.

The TechDay Workshop has been a part of ICANN meetings for several
years and has provided a forum for both experienced and new people to
meet, present and discuss technical topics related to registry and DNS
work and security.

For reference, the most recent session was held at the ICANN meeting on
2016-11-05 in Hyderabad, India.
(https://ccnso.icann.org/meetings/hyderabad57/workshop.htm)

We are specially interested in:

1. Readiness for the KSK Rollover

2. State of DNS privacy/encryption

We would like to head about DNS privacy/encryption initiatives and its
impact on Registries

3.  Registration Information Accuracy

We remain interested in presentations relating to registry contact data
cleanup, address validation, malicious registration data verification,
batch and/or real-time validation.

We would like, in particular, to see solutions leveraging Open Source,
Open Data or Open Research in order to make them available to a wider
audience.

4. Registry Security

We would like to hear about initiatives with regards to registry
security.

5.  In addition, we welcome suggestions for additional topics, such as;

* Registry services and systems
* Big Data & associated data analysis
* IETF DNS protocol updates
* IDN
* (Recent) DDOS Attacks and Mitigation

If you are interested in participating, please email one or all of

el at lisse.NA
ondrej.filip at nic.cz
jacques.latour at cira.ca
kimberly.carlson at icann.org

We hope that you can join us and request that you disseminate this
Request to other lists where it might of interest.

Regards,

The TechDay planning committee