[AfrICANN-discuss] NEWS: The Internet Society brings African Peering and Interconnection Forum to Tanzania for first time

Matogoro Jabera jaberamatogoro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 07:41:37 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to extend my warm welcome to Tanzania and it is our hope that
this forum will bring together key players to address the opportunities in
interconnection, peering and traffic exchange in Africa

Besides the richness of natural resources like  wildlife, water bodies such
as the ocean, lakes & rivers and minerals, Tanzania is well endowed with
abundant significant cultural and natural heritages  which include
 archaeological, palaeontogical and historical resources ranging from the
Pliocene period about four million years ago to the present time.

For those who might be interested in visiting some of these places after
the event, visit the official website for Tanzania National Parks:
http://www.tanzaniaparks.com/kili.html

Regards,
Matogoro J

On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Betel Hailu <hailu at isoc.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone- Yesterday, the Internet Society published a press release
> announcing that it is brining, in partnership with the Tanzania Internet
> Service Providers Association (TISPA), its annual Africa Peering and
> Interconnection Forum (AfPIF) to Tanzania. AfPIF-7
> <https://www.internetsociety.org/afpif-2016/> will take place in the
> country’s capital, Dar es Salaam from 30 August- 1 September 2016.
>
> The official announcement was marked by a press conference and a one-day
> peering roadshow held in Dar es Salaam.
>

> Here’s a link to the press release for more information:
>
> English:
> https://www.internetsociety.org/news/internet-society-brings-african-peering-and-interconnection-forum-tanzania-first-time
>
> French:
> https://www.internetsociety.org/fr/news/linternet-society-tiendra-pour-la-premi%C3%A8re-fois-le-forum%C2%A0africain-sur-le-peering-et-l
>

> Read our blog post here:
> https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/africa-bureau/2016/03/afpif-coming-tanzania
>

> And on social Media:
> https://twitter.com/AfPIF
>
> https://www.facebook.com/afpif/
>

> We will be opening registration soon, so stay tuned!
>
> Regards,
> Betel

> Betel Hailu
>
> Communications Coordinator
>
> Africa Regional Bureau
>
> Internet Society (ISOC)
>
> www.InternetSociety.org <http://www.internetsociety.org/>
>
> Follow Us   [image: Description: Macintosh
> HD:Users:betelhailu:Desktop:facebook.png]
> <https://www.facebook.com/ISOCAfrica>[image: Description: Macintosh
> HD:Users:betelhailu:Desktop:twitter.png] <https://twitter.com/ISOC_Africa>

MATOGORO Jabhera
Assistant Lecturer & Coordinator - Microsoft Innovation Center, Tanzania
College of Informatics and Virtual Education
The University of Dodoma (www.udom.ac.tz)