[AfrICANN-discuss] NEWS: The Internet Society Partners with Network Operators Group to Boost Technology Training in Africa

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 19:36:46 UTC 2016

This is a good news. Hope these funds will support the growth of the
program and have a very significant impact in Africa.

Le vendredi 22 janvier 2016, Victor Ndonnang <ndonnang at nvconsulting.biz> a
écrit :

> Great news for the new year! Thank you ISOC for your constant and
> increasing support for a sustainable development of the Internet in Africa.
> Happy New Year and best wishes to you all,
> Victor.
>
> ~Sent from my Mobile~
> Victor Ndonnang
> http://www.twitter.com/VictorNdonnang
> http://www.ndonnang.com
>
> On Jan 22, 2016, at 2:16 AM, Betel Hailu <hailu at isoc.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','hailu at isoc.org');>> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone- The Internet Society has issued a press release announcing
> its contribution of 150,000 USD to the African Network Operators
> Group (AfNOG) to support networking expertise within Africa as well as
> assist the development of the AfNOG program by supplying leadership
> expertise and program management. The Internet Society has been at the
> forefront of Networks Operation capacity building since its early ages
> through the INET workshops that trained many experts of the Internet around
> the world but most particularly in Africa.
>
> We are pleased to continue supporting AfNOG’s Network Technology
> workshops and work together towards promoting the number of skilled human
> resource that will be contributing to the transformation of Africa
> through the Internet.
>

> Here’s a link to the press release for more information:
>
> https://www.internetsociety.org/news/internet-society-partners-network-operators-group-boost-technology-training-africa
>
> "Skilled African network operators to boost their continent’s Internet
> development” Blog post by the African Regional bureau is out on:
> https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/africa-bureau-development/2016/01/skilled-african-network-operators-boost-their-continent%E2%80%99s
>

> And on social Media:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/ISOCAfrica/
> https://twitter.com/ISOC_Africa
>

> Regards,
> Betel

> Betel Hailu
>
> Communications Coordinator
>
> Africa Regional Bureau
>
> Internet Society (ISOC)
>
> www.InternetSociety.org <http://www.internetsociety.org/>
>
> Follow Us   <B3B2F708-3219-4CD9-83C2-202651BDC7D8[44].png>
> <https://www.facebook.com/ISOCAfrica>
> <E2202E01-04EE-4E54-A1C5-7CB760C0E6E7[65].png>
> <https://twitter.com/ISOC_Africa>
>
> <B3B2F708-3219-4CD9-83C2-202651BDC7D8[44].png>
>
> <E2202E01-04EE-4E54-A1C5-7CB760C0E6E7[65].png>

------
Arsene Tungali,
Executive Director, Rudi International
Founder, Mabingwa Forum
Goma, DRCongo

Sent via Mobile (excuse type and brievity)