[AfrICANN-discuss] Call for Participation ICANN 55 Marrakesh

Dr Eberhard W Lisse epilisse at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 15:10:36 UTC 2016

                        Call for Participation
			        TechDay
			       at ICANN 55
			 in Marrakesh, Morocco

The ICANN Tech Working Group is again planning a technical workshop
at the ICANN 55 meeting on 07 March 2016 in Marrakesh, Morocco.

The TechDay Workshop has been a part of ICANN meetings for several
years and has provided a forum for both experienced and new people
to meet, present and discuss technical topics related to registry
and DNS work and security.

For reference, the most recent session was held at the ICANN meeting
in Dublin, Ireland on 19 October 2015.  The presentations and
transcripts are available at:

https://meetings.icann.org/en/dublin54/schedule/mon-tech.

We are specially interested in:

1.  Registration information accuracy panel

For this panel, we are interested in presentations relating to
registry contact data cleanup, address validation, malicious
registration data verification, batch and/or real-time validation.

We would like, in particular, to see solutions leveraging Open
Source, Open Data or Open Research in order to make them available
to a wider audience.

2.  Next Generation DNS Infrastructure Panel:

For this panel we are seeking presentations from next generation DNS
infrastructure platform implementers.

We are looking presentation on DNS Anycast platform that are small
footprint, low cost, highly performant and scalable.  We are
particularly interested in presentations on DNS infrastructure that
use an innovative approach to deliver new breakthroughs in either
footprint, cost, performance or scalability.

We are interested in understanding how provisioning is performed,
detailed hardware and software routing architecture, logging,
monitoring, packet capture, multi-tenancy, performance metrics.

3.  In addition, we welcome suggestions for additional topics, such
as;

* Registry, EPP, RDAP initiatives
* Big Data & associated data analysis
* IETF DNS protocol updates
* Registry security

4.  And, as usual we shall invite a host presentation.

If you are interested in participating, please email one or all of

el at lisse.NA
ondrej.filip at nic.cz
jacques.latour at cira.ca
kimberly.carlson at icann.org

preferably by 2016-01-17.

We hope that you can join us and request that you disseminate this
Request to other lists where it might of of interest.

el