[AfrICANN-discuss] [CCWG-ACCT] Conflict of Interest

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Fri Feb 5 08:30:44 UTC 2016

Amusement value notwithstanding, and whether he has a point or not, I feel that the ICANN board ought to have done something at the time, if they had not preapproved of the appointment.

They saw fit to let it slide.

Not, perhaps, what my own preferred response would have been, but certainly within the range of reasonable choices available to a board with almost no practical corrective sanctions available to it.

Now they have to tolerate any such howling and take it on the chin.

To do otherwise would look weak and vacillating and would teach (formerly Canadian) wolves to chase the sledge.

Sent from my iPad